OSX Installation Instructions in 18 easy steps
* Please report any issues to the development forums.
Note that this installation will require you to have administrator access to your computer!
1. Get the official MacOSX developer tools from http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/ we'll need a nice gcc compiler.
3. Download wxPython, activate the dmg and use the installer.
4. Download the Twisted Module, unpack it, open Terminal and cd into the zope interface subfolder in the unpacked twisted folder. Run "python setup.py build;python setup.py install" (without the quotes). Now cd into /Twisted-2.5.0/ (only one directory up, you can use "cd ..") and run again "python setup.py build;python setup.py install".
5. Download Darwin Ports, activate the dmg and install. Make sure to check for updates after installation like suggested on the website (open Terminal, type "sudo port selfupdate" without the quotes). Sudo means that the following command will be executed as an admin. You won't see any feedback when typing the password until you hit enter. If the console complains that the command "port" can't be found, you need to add the port paths to your environment first. Do this by typing "pico ~/.bash_profile" into the console, then add the line "export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH" somewhere in the file and save by pressing ctrl-o then exit by pressing ctrl-x.
6. Download and install SQLite by typing "sudo port install sqlite3" into a Terminal console. Darwin ports automatically downloads, configures and builds the package.
7. Download pysqlite, unpack, open Terminal, cd into the unpacked directory and run "python setup.py build;python setup.py install".
8. Download SQLObject from http://www.prairiegames.com/sqlobject.zip and unzip it into /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/.
9. Download and install OpenSSL by typing "sudo port install openssl" into a Terminal console.
10. Download pyOpenSSL, unpack, cd into unpacked directory and run "python setup.py build; python setup.py install".
11. Download and install expat by typing "sudo port install expat" into a Terminal console. In theory expat would be fetched automatically by darwin ports when installing dependencies of subversion, but it first fetches the wrong version and later complains about it. Installing manually should fix that.
12. Download and install subversion by typing "sudo port install subversion" into a Terminal console.
13. Download libogg, unpack and open Ogg.xcodeproj within the macosx folder in the unpacked directory. Compile, then move the resulting framework inside the build directory into /Library/Frameworks.
14. Download libvorbis and repeat the steps as for libogg.
15. Now in Terminal, enter "svn co svn://www.mmoworkshop.com/mmoworkshop/trunk/torque/mmo/v1 <your preferred dev directory> --username=<your username>", accept the certificate (p) and enjoy the download.
16. Download http://www.mmoworkshop.com/public/pytge.so and copy it into your Torque MMO Kit folder. (This file will be available in the repository soon)
17. With Terminal, cd to <your preferred dev directory> and run genesis with "python Genesis.py".
18. Now you can fire up the Starter MMO by entering "python Client.pyw" into the Terminal.